Part 1: Connection of CDI Signal Lines
- The battery used is a 2S 7.4V lithium battery.
- Begin by finding a sleeve on the power distributor and place the main line and grounding wire inside the sleeve.
- Take a magnet, ensuring the small triangle faces downwards, and check if the CDI can function properly.
- When the Hall sensor moves over the magnet and electricity is released, it indicates that the CDI can work normally.
- Repeat the above actions to check the next CDI unit.
- Ensure that the positive and negative poles of the input terminal are not reversed.
- Hall sensors have north and south poles. If the Hall sensor does not discharge, turn the magnetic north and south poles and try again.
- Once all checks are completed and there are no issues with the CDI, set the CDI aside.
Step 2: Checking Engine Timing
- There are three marked points, all pointing downwards, indicating correct timing.
- The crankshaft point is downwards, and the camshaft has two points pointing downwards.
- Keep the three points stationary and in alignment.
- Next, connect the power distributor.
- The power distributor has left and right parts, ensure the one with a notch is installed correctly.
Part 2: Installing the Power Distributor
- The power distributor has left and right sides. Distinguish the left and right sides clearly when disassembling it.
- Take a Hall wire that corresponds to the Hall sensor’s installation location.
- Insert the Hall wire with the small triangle facing the magnet and push it in fully to the bottom.
- Repeat the process for the right power distributor.
- Once both left and right power distributors are installed, ensure the left side faces up left, and the right side faces up right.
- Install the distributor holder onto the engine following the instructions in the provided picture manual.
Part 3: Installing the Power Distributor
- Ensure the power distributor is installed with the method point on the left facing upwards.
- Repeat for the right side.
- Once both left and right power distributors are installed, ensure one is facing up left, and the other is facing up right.
- Install the distributor holder.
Part 4: Adjusting the Oil Needle
- Begin by adjusting the main oil needle. Turn it all the way clockwise, and then back out two and a half turns counterclockwise.
- Adjust the auxiliary oil needle by fully opening the throttle, with the distance between the auxiliary oil needle and the fuel injector at approximately 1mm.
- Connect the oil pipe and use a gasoline-to-engine oil ratio of 20:1.
- Start the model engine, adjusting the high speed by slightly increasing the throttle.
- Open the main oil needle further if necessary, ensuring it’s not fully open.
- Once the engine starts, open the fuel valve and check that the high speed is working properly.